Difficult-to-pass diarrhea?
I recently have been having very soft stools, sometimes actually closer to liquid, but they have been very difficult to pass. The stool is not hard at all, and I can usually get some of it out, but I feel as if my bowels are only half-empty and I can't get the rest out. I have to push very hard, and even then there is still some stuck inside. After the initial movement, the urge to go vanishes. I have tried inserting a gloved finger, and my rectum has a lot of stool with the consistency of peanut butter inside...but I cannot pass it. I don't understand why this is happening. I don't feel bloated or otherwise uncomfortable in my abdomen. I have tried over the past couple of days adding a lot of fiber, but this has not helped.

Basically, to sum it up:
I went from having one large, firm, easy-to-pass bm a day to two or three small, soft and sticky, difficult-to-pass ones.
This is a common case of constipation. Sticky stool indicates a lack of water. When you increase your fiber consumption you must always drink more water as well. Fibre absorbs liquids in the intestines and without enough of water, the stool takes longer to pass through.
I've made the same mistake.
I would suggest cutting back on the fibre and taking in a few glasses of warm water (the warmth relaxes the bowels.) Repeat this until you've released what you feel is still inside. Over the next week, try to be more conscious of your fibre-to-water ratio and you should be able to avoid this alternation between diarrhea and constipation.
If this ever happens again in the future, try not to force things through. A gentle laxative can usually give you relief overnight.

All the best.