Dignosed with Indigestion(Dyspepsia)

Please help me what I should eat. I recently diagnosed with Indigestion. I have constant bloating, gas and burps. I drink plenty of water. Please help me what food I should avoid other than spicy and caffeine.

Note: My 5 yr old some has same symptoms what I have.

Thank You.
Don't eat too much fatty or sugary foods (chocolate for example). Try to avoid very rich roods. Don't consume artificial sweeteners such as aspartame. I have non-ulcer dyspepsia and the foods that mess me up the most are beans, avocados, and pizza (probably because of all the cheese). You have to note what foods don't agree with you and avoid them.
Look for the GERD diet information on gicare.com. It will give you an overview of do's and don'ts.
but the GERD diet doesn't work for my heartburn- I have to avoid some things they suggest- if it is the same list I have seen,

I also have to avoid uncooked fruits and veggies, no popcorn or cornchips,,,, and only sip liquids, no gulping, no caffeine

and chocolate actually settles my tummy :-/

Thank you all. I don't know why I'm worried. I have 2 small kids, may be because of that. Any way thank you all for your time.