Dilated Bile Ducts
i've had so many tests, scans, camera's.
i'm physically sick every other day and am unable to eat more that a child's portion of food.

i've been informed i have dilated bile ducts. the doctor's continue to focus on my alchol intake, which I agree is excessive. between 4-10 units per day. I drink because I've convinced i've got cancer and am crying out for support.

i'm 42 and weigh approx 7 stone woman. the only other medication I take daily is Codeine (which i appreciate is not good for the stomach, but I think i'm addicted) the codeine is for back pain. i've had two back operations within the past 7 years.
should i attempt to go into some type of rehab ?
do you have any advice
kind Regards
kris

This discussion is related to raised lfts, dilated bile duct and rapid weight loss - help!.
You're not crying out for support, you're trying to kill yourself.  You drink 4-10 drinks a day and take Codeine daily?  I believe very strongly that you should never lie to your husband or your doctor.  Find a general practicioner/general practicioner (GP) you can trust.  Ask around and see if there is anyone in your area who is thorough, kind and practical.  Regardless of your reasons for thinking you have cancer, you need to get yourself evaluated and aleviate your fears.  If you've had back surgery, it's no wonder you're having so much pain.  Ask you surgeon or GP to help you find a pain clinic.  Get off the sauce!  Mixing drugs and alcohol are bad news.  Reach out and get some support: Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, a local church or social service organization.  If you still have your family in your life, reach out and ask for help.  Don't pretend no one cares about you.  I don't even know you and I CARE!  Once you get the major issues in your life sorted out, you can figure out what's going on with your ducts.  So many people in this forum are in serious agony every second of every day.  You have an opportunity to get some relief and you're throwing it away?  Smarten up, woman!