Gastroenterology Community
Dilated Pancreatic Duct on Sonogram
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dilated Pancreatic Duct on Sonogram

I had a sonogram of my abdomen and the report indicates I have a slightly dilated pancreatic duct.  The doctor ordered a CT scan, but has not answered any of my questions.  This worries me, everthing I read indicates cancer.  Could it just be the way my pancreas normally is, or is it most likely something serious.   Worried sick, 40 year old mom.  
Related Discussions
I'm sorry to learn of your health worries.  I don't really have anything insightful to offer but I did want to acknowledge your post.  It seems that chronic pancreatitis can be associated with a dilated pancreatic ducts.  Here's something from the Cleveland Clinic web site:

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/diseasemanagement/gastroenterology/chronic-pancreatitis/

I'm sure this is all very complicated stuff and much depends upon other symptoms and clinical findings etc etc.  I've read somewhere else that dilation of pancreatic ducts can be idiopathic, that is to say without explanation, in a small percentage of patients.  Perhpas someone more knowledgeable will read your post and offer a comment.  It's a pity that your doctor didn't answer your questions.  In any case I wish you the best of luck and I'll say a prayer for your health.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...