Distended Gall Bladder
I was diagnosed with having a gall stone in the gallbladder neck. In the ultra sound report it states that my gall bladder is distended. Did anyone else's diagnoses mention that the gall bladder was distended? I do not see that anyone else mentions this. Is it typical to have a distended gall bladder during an attack?
Distended doesn't have to acccompany an attack, and not everyone has a distended GB. Distended means it's 'stretched out' a bit, which basically means it's just not operating properly.
Hope you are feeling better.  But the doctor told me he would not have let me go home if that happened.  But you know all doctors have different opinions...I asked why I had to go home stay on a strict diet which I am...and then follow-up with a surgeon. He said because I was not having any obstructions, swelling, naseua or vomiting, and my gallbladder was not distended.