Gastroenterology Community
Diverticulosis

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Diverticulosis

I have Diverticulosis, I know this because I had a colonoscopy back on Jan. 8th anyway....I have what I call painful bloating....sometimes my wife tells my stomach looks bloated, I drink a fiber drink each day and most of the time it helps, so my question is, can this Diverticulosis cause bloating, dizziness and a sharpe pain in my right side back. The funny thing about the pain in my back is, the only time it hurts is: when sitting in my chair and home or Computer desk, but while at work my back is ok? can this pain have anything to do with my diverticulosis? also my Stomach or it might be my intestines make what sounds like hunger sounds and its load enough if someone is in the room with me they can hear it, but comes right after I eat.. I have a Gastro appointment scheduled for April 9th, because I know something feels major wrong with my stomach area, even though the coloscopy came  back ok.
Tags: Colon
I have diverticulosis and have been hospitalized several times for diverticulitis attacks.  The only time I experienced bloating or lower back pain was when I was having a chronic diverticulitis attack.  Diverticulosis just means that you have small pouches in your colon. Diverticulitis is when you get an inflamation (inflammation) or infection in the pouches.  It is extremely painful, and the pain is in your lower left quadrant of your abdomen. It can be accompanied by fever or low back pain, especially if the diverticulosis area is located in the sigmoid colon.