Dizziness/ Imbalance
I have been diagnosed with Meniere's because I had sudden hearing loss, tinnitus and an off balance feeling. I am fine with the hearing loss and tinnitus but the dizziness is so annoying. It seems to get worse while eating and shortly after, plus I will pass gas then feel better. Is there a relationship between the digestive system and being dizzy?
Hi there,
In Meniere’s disease there is already severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and discomfort in the abdomen. Any movement can aggravate the symptoms. Eating may aggravate the symptoms. The treatment involves use of diuretics to relieve fluid pressure in the inner ear, anti vertigo medicines like antrizine, antivert etc. Anti-nausea like Promethazine may help. Consult an ENT specialist and start treatment soon.
Best wishes and regards!
Thanks for your reply...I have had all the tests and do take diuretics. i have been feeling better but I just had an episode 30 mins. ago. I was sitting talking on the phone with my daughter, looking at the computer and the sensation just hit and felt like my head was dropping to the floor, got my composure and just feel off balance again.The last time that sensation happened was about a month ago. I just took a valium. It just hit out of nowhere. I teach school. Should I go through testing again? The last time was probably ten years ago. I really do appreciate your response.