Gastroenterology Community
Do I have Colon Cancer?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Do I have Colon Cancer?

I have been having thin stools on and off. Sometimes my stools will look yellow but sometimes a bit brown. Different shades of brown if you will. I never felt any obstruction but yes, sometimes I had to struggle to get them out. It usually spurts out together... the stools are thinner than usual. sometimes too thin especially when I push too hard and thin pieces come out. Sometimes the stools have normal size. I feel the stools become thinner when I get conscious about it. I have no other major symptoms. I pass stools at least once a day. So i can't say I have constipation. I do not usually get bloated feeling. No abdomen pain. Never saw blood. but did see some brown texture on yellow stools once.. but does this mean bleeding? I suspect it isnt. So my firm conviction is that I do not have any bleeding. I went & saw a GP he said I am alright. It could be some amoebic infection. but I wasnt convinced. i went to a Gastro and he suggested I couldnt possibly be having any cancer but he could recommend a colonoscopy to be sure. I am a worrier, so I have been tensed since then. The doc said my chance of having colon cancer is like .0001% since I am only 27 with no family history. still i am worried. Since I am worried my stools still look all thin. I feel since I am anxious and puts a lot of pressure on my stools size and color.. it may remain the same.

As of now, I am on a medication. Doc said try this for 2 weeks and then decide if I need a colonoscopy or not. I just need some comforting words. that I do not have colon cancer. I don't feel anything. I dont feel I am sick except when I see my stools.
i have no unexplainable fatigue
i am only putting on weight
i hardly have diahrrea
constipation almost no since i go at least once everyday
i occassionally get digestion problems. I have a habit of eating heavily for dinner and smetimes going to sleep immediately.. due to this I have been having heartburns often. when not defecated for a day, i get heartburn.. so is it GERD after all?
i do feel some stiffness in my anus but it could be because i am nervouse these days... before i started worrying about it, i had other stress related issues. :(

Please help.

This discussion is related to Unusual stools - Anxiety - Feelings of impending doom.
I would really suspect you do not have colon cancer.  Your symptoms don't fit.  
Just wanted to inform everyone who read this post that I have done with my colonoscopy and I am perefectly alright!

I have had a terrible 10 days of misery and anxiety over this! It feels so good to know that I dont have cancer!

A few things I want everyone in this forum to know:

1) if you are having thin stools, chances are you are having IBS or any other far less serious problems but the ONLY way to ensure this (and to avert any cancer occurance) is colonoscopy. I say, go ahead and schedule a colonoscopy if you are too distressed by any stool changes. Stool changes (as many in the Net would have you believe) is LEAST LIKELY to be caused by cancer. Cancer should not be in your mind. You just need to do colonscopy as a rule. That is ALL!

2) IBS and C-cancer has similar symptoms. Except bleeding. Now, bleeding could be because of hemorrhoid (I have it and so are millions of others, they are cool & benign) or some inflmmation.

The bottomline is YOU CAN NEVER EVER DIAGNOSE COLON CANCER BY YOUR SYMPTOMS!!! YOU CAN ONLY DO IT WITH COLONOSCOPY. DO IT ASAP! No worries over it. Not worth it. Your results is MOST LIKELY to be negative.

In this age of internet (with mostly unreliable information) we have many who gets worried over small things and waste their wonderful life. If you are in doubt go for Colonoscopy and you will know it. Keep Colon Cancer out of your mind. Till the doctor shows you proof  of it!

Cheers to everyone and praying that everyone gets a chance to live happily and away from this evil disease!

God bless you all.
Oh I am so happy for you, thats is awesome. Thank GOD for you. That brought tears to my eyes to hear you awesome news, I have been watching your thread. Great for you.  :)))
I am going crazy here.. :(.... Ive been having flat stools for months.. over 6 months... they did a partial colonoscopy and it was all normal... my doctor doesnt think I need a full colonoscopy... I am really really obsessed with this... I look at the toilet every time I go to the restroom :( and I keep seeing flat stools.. lately Ive been feeling nauseous..I just went to the E.R and they did a stool test for blood and it was negative.. theyve done 3 of these test and it was negative... but my flat stools are still there.. anybody with the same symptoms... my weight is pretty steady ... Please please any thoughts