Aa
A
A
Close
625094 tn?1221848195
Does no gallbladder equal no cholestasis?
In my 2nd full pregnancy, I had severe morning sickness in the first trimester (hardly any food or liquids held down and lost 10 lbs), but thankfully, it resolved itself.  In my 3rd trimester, I developed cholestasis.  I watched my fat intake, had weekly non-stress tests and was induced at 38 weeks.   I had a fairly healthy 8 # 4 oz boy by VBAC in March.  A month after delivery (April), I had problems with abdominal pain and ended up with my gallbladder removed in June (my husband is a teacher).  Now my baby is 18 months old.  

If I were to be pregnant again, would I have to worry about cholestasis or hyperemesis gravidarum at all or is it still a possibility for me?

Thanks,
mom of 2 boys
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
324372 tn?1222823802
I'm not sure about that, but I don't have a gallbladder, and my first pregnancy had no cholestasis or hyperemesis gravidarum.  My second pregnancy, I was extremely morning sick until month 5 and had to take medication for it, but I don't think it had anything to do with me not having a gallbladder, or it would have happened the first time...

Sheri
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources