Gastroenterology Community
Does this sound like a parasite

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Does this sound like a parasite

A few weeks ago I felt a lump on the skin outside my anus. I felt it again several times but only after bowel movements. Recently, I discovered the lump again but slightly further away from the anus although on the same side of it. I scratched it a bit and it hurt and it came off the skin but it seemed to be stuck to a hair. It felt like a squishy ball about the size of a pea, maybe slightly smaller.  I got up and then later went to sit back down on the toilet to find it again but I couldn't. Was this just some kind of collection of waste products or was it a parasite?  I haven't had any severe itching in that area, although I did have a severe stomach ache with a fever a few weeks ago but I associated this with the flu as it started as a sore throat and runny nose.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, what you are feeling could be a Sentinel pile. These are skin tags that can form if you have an anal fissure that has lasted a long time. They are usually painless. The sentinel pile, in medical terms, is defined as a circumcised thickening of the mucous membrane that is found at the lower end of a fissure that is of the anus. If troublesome, it needs to be surgically removed. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.