Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Dull, lower left back pain?
What could cause this?

For several days, I have been experiencing a dull pain in my lower left back - I would say at the hip or pelvis line - definitely lower than the kidneys.  It is in the back rather than the abdominal area, but does not feel like standard back pain (which I also have from time to time) - I mean, it does not feel like muscular or joint pain - it feels like abdominal pain - it's just located in the back.  The pain is dull but gets sharper when I stand and walk.  The level of pain differs when laying down depending on how I position myself.  

Other symptoms right now include the leftovers of a cold (slight cough, sniffle), and intermittent slight nausea / stomach upset.  

Possibly related history:  in 2008, I had an anal abscess (which was drained) which turned into a fistula in 2009.  Sometime in spring 2009, I had this same dull left back pain.  When I went to see the doctor about it, he assumed the pain was related to the fistula (which I hadn't had any issues with aside from occasional blood).  A few months later, I had a partial fistulotomy and seton placement - after which I no longer had the dull pain, followed by the completion of the surgery in December).  It has been over a month since the fistulotomy and everything in that area feels fine and healed.  

This dull pain just started again in the last few days.  Otherwise, I thought I was starting to feel healthy again.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am exp the same thing after the partial fistlilotomy.  What did you learn?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn