Gastroenterology Community
Dysphagia right sided recurring
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dysphagia right sided recurring

In 2006 I was eating and had the "steakhouse syndrome feeling" of something stuck no matter how much fluid I drank. Had a fluoroscopy and diagnosed with a Schatzki's ring via flouroscopy and was put on Protonix for two weeks. It gradually went away. Then in 2008, I had some issues again. I would feel a sensation on the right side as food would go down like a tightness or irritation. Not really a pain. So I had an  endoscopy done and the doc didnt see a ring but he stretched the esophagus. It was doing fine and then recently in the past 3 months felt it slowly bugging me again...the same sensation. In May my father was diagnosed with cancer at the esophageal stomach junction and is undergoing chemo then surgery. With news of this my symptoms got worse. I just had an endoscopy again and the doc found nothing and biopsies came back negative. I wonder if he could have missed something or the scope irritated and made things worse. My scope was done June 1st so I am wondering why would I be having this. I am going to go through this weekend and call the doc office Monday if it still bothers me or gets worse.. What I am trying to find out is what is the differential for this symptom? I am a vet tech of 18 years. I am curious to know what the other conditions could be. I am going to go tomorrow to get my fluoroscopy on CD so I have it. This is really bugging me. I am wondering if I have a ring that they could have missed or if that is possible to miss. It felt much better after he had stretched the esophagus last time. Any opinions on this welcome. Really wanting a differential. Thanks!