Gastroenterology Community
ER Dr. says its erosion of throat, stomach poss. intestines
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ER Dr. says its erosion of throat, stomach poss. intestines

My 26yr. old son had to go to emergency the other night because felt ill; he had nausea, abdominal pain, bloatness, diarrhea (these symptoms 4wks).  He doesn't eat well, drinks hard liquor and every day has 3-4 xtra lg cans of Monster energy drink.  The ER. Dr. told him that he acute  erosion of the throat, stomach/intestines. Dr. only asked questions of his habits, and labs done,but I'm not aware of how the labs  came back, my son said they were okay???? Dr.gave him pepcid & donnatel for pain; and was told to follow up with his GP.  The literature he was given was for gastritis, diarrhea symptoms;  the problem is my son doesn't want to go to the Dr. due to testing they might have to do; he does not have a primary doctor.  His x-girlfriend told me last year that he has  had stomach problems (diarhea (diarrhea), smelly stools) for a year now. I'm so worried that he could have something really bad; I need to convince him to go. What could happen if untreated, how long can he take pepcid & donnatel for?  Concerned Mom. (he's drinking since his breakup with girlfriend :(