ERCP Complication

My name is Dror, and I am contacting you with hope that perhaps you can help me.
My grandpa who is now 80 years old, underwent an ERCP about a month ago. Every day since the procedure
he has been experiencing a twisting, stabbing pain in the center of his abdomen behind his rib cage.
He describes it as pain coming from his stomach and feels as if doing flips. The intense pain would come frequently
and would typically last for anywhere between 5-15 seconds.
We have been to the ER several times, and spoken to the Doctor who peformed the ERCP but no one knows what causes this pain.
I know my grandpa and he does not complain but this time the pain is unbearable.

I really wish he would not need to live these years in so much suffering - Do you know what may be causing this??

Sincerely and with Deep Gratitude,
Dror
Hey Dror!

Well, without the clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of his symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections/ inflammations of the Gall Bladder, GB spasms, growths/ masses/ calculi, trauma/ erosions, referred pain from other regions, chest wall issues etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by his treating gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile he could try taking some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!