Gastroenterology Community
EXTREME PAIN UPPER ABDOMEN RIGHT BELOW BREAST LINE REDIATING THROUGH TO...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

EXTREME PAIN UPPER ABDOMEN RIGHT BELOW BREAST LINE REDIATING THROUGH TO BACK

I am a 20 year old female that has had an extreme pain in my upper abdomen for the past 5 years. First it starts off as a pulsing pain then gradually goes into a stabbing pain that hurts all the through to my back. Then like it slowly creeps up on me, it slowly goes away feeling  better by the minute. These unexpected times of pains only last for approx. 5 minutes. But the level of pain on a scale from 1 thru 10 skyrockets to a 15. Sometimes the pain gets so bad, I start to sweat. The doctors ive seen over the years never gave me an answer. I have already got my gallbladder removed at age 17. But the pain is still here. I used to drink a lot but I havent drank in 2 years. And I even changed my diet for quite a few months and still no better. The doctor has prescribed me over 4 diffrent types of prescriptions for GERD and ACID REFLUX but nothing improved. He even precribed me PROTONIX. And it didnt work. What could this pain be from????
Hi.yes the pain might be from galbladder even tho u don't have one.Im 21 and mine was removed and still i have those exact pains here is a good tip for you.Usually when you have an attack like that bend over while ur in pain it should release it and the pain should start to go away.Even tho uchanged ur diet did u kno certain foods u cant eat after ur galbladder is gone like me i cant eat anything spicy or I will have an attack like urs or milk it will hut really bad.try to test wat foods make the attack come.If this does not help the next step would be to have ur pancrease checked u could have acute pancreatitis.Don't worry I have chronic pancreatitis aswell.I will try to do my best to help you if you have any questions about either one ok.
Also have your liver enzymes checked...
thank u for your help i appreciate the advise