Gastroenterology Community
Early morning nausea, stomach pain, diahreah, chills
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Early morning nausea, stomach pain, diahreah, chills

I hope you may be able to help or point me into the right direction.
I am a 47 year old female. About 3 months ago I got sick with bronchitis was put on an inhaler which I think really bothered my stomach. My doctor put me on prilosec which I took for 9 days then stopped due to terrible stomach pain, he then put me on acifex which did absolutely the same thing. After complaining about the stomach pain, my doctor sent me to a gastroenteroligist who ordered blood work, and a esophogram all coming back negative. The new doctor put me on protonix and after 5 days I had wonderful relief. Unfortunately it only lasted a couple of weeks. I began waking up around 4:30 in the morning with terrible stomach pain, nausea, dry heaving, and sometimes diahrea.

He wanted me to continue the protonix and added carafate. Finally, I did research and found the protonix could be the cause, I stopped it and started the carafate. Within 2 days I felt better. After a week on the carafate the symptoms started again, so I cut out the carafate. Again began feeling better but then started again when I woke again at 4:30 with stomach pain, nausea, dry heaving. I assumed I was nervous about the EGD. It also turned out fine but showed I have a hiatal hernia. The doctor said it was a small one and made no big deal out of it. I didn't think until after I got home what that means, life style changes, and so on. My doctor could not give me a reason for the stomach pain, diahrea, or gurgling that I have been experiencing and wanted me to continue with the medication. I told him I couldn't take it. He suggested zantac which. I took it an hour before bed but still woke up at 4:30 with intermittent stomach cramps and diahrea.. The waking up with stomach pain, diahreah, and dry heaves and feeling like a limp noodle went on  for 4 weeks.

A week after the EGD I began feeling better and figured my thinking that the medication was correct.  I began regaining my strength, walking, eating, and feeling my old self again.  This went on for 3 weeks.  On New Years Eve it started again with the nausea in the wee hours of the morning.  I though maybe something I ate was bad.  But immediately I felt extremely run down.  I have experienced chills. Feel week, dry heaves, and diareah began this morning.  I took zantac twice yesterday because I felt acidic. I feel like I am slowly getting worse.

Tests Run:
Esophogram: Negative
Blood work, liver and pancreas function, and various other tests: Negative
Ultrasound: Negative
EGD: Negative

Symptoms:
Burping
Gurgling (sounds like when you pop the top of a soda can hearing the gurgling as the fizz settles)
Stomach Pain (Though not as bad as originally)
Diareah (Just started again)
Chills
Occational painful twinges in gallbladder
Feeling week
Not sleeping

I am at my wits end. If you could offer me any help, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it because I just don't know what to do.

Regards,
Marianne Jarrett