Gastroenterology Community
Elevated ALT Levesl
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated ALT Levesl

I have pain in my left quadrant. I had a Endoscopy. They took 4  polyps out. They were not cancerous. But reviewing my Blood work. My ALT Level is quite elevated. In August of 2009 it was 28. My ALt blood test as of January 19 is 92. I know ALT if a blood test for liver fuctions. I had Pancreatitis in about 1978. My Amalyze level was 2400. I just drank like any college kid. I was not an alcholic. I was told not drink again. And I didn't. I had some Blood work in 1999 for Joint pain and very other complaints. I found  out I had Hepatitis B. Never knew it. But I want to know if the elevated ALT levels could be caused by Lexapro, Trazadone and years of Anti-Depressants. My liver functions were not checked. I also took Celexa, Paxil, Effecor.  and various other ones. Since my husband died in 1995. I have been taking anti- depressants for 16 years. I was only supposed to be on them for about 2 years. Not I am getting blood tests. How can I get my ALt level down. Or is it Liver disease, Pancreatitis. I have to have a Colonoscopy also. My ESophagus was destroyed by years of throwing up from Fosamax daily, weekly, whatever. I also have back pain and Severe Osteoporsis. I am so frustrated since my doctor never told me the 92 level. I asked for my blood work. I worked in the Medical field. But didn't know what Alt meant. I called my doctors office and was told by the tech my Alt was 92. What should I do. I am still on the Lexapro and Trazadone.     Help before its to late. I have severe pain in my left quadrant. and sometimes my right quadrant.  My the pain is sharp in the Left.

This discussion is related to Another Elevated ALT Post.