Gastroenterology Community
Elevated Alkaline Phosphatase and abdominal cramping

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello. In May my Alkaline Phosphatase has elevated to 101 (max normal range at my lab is 98). Not very elevated, but I normally sit around 50 or 60. My Family Doctor said, it is not so much that it is close to normal, it is we are looking for a pattern of increasing and if the next lab comes back even higher, then we can run more tests. So, jsut this weekend, sure enough, it is now 106. For the past two months my abdomin (abdomen) has been cramping, I have had fatigue, itchy skin, low grade 99.1 - 99.6 fever. For lack of a better description, the cramping almost reminds me of menstrual cramping but higher up, it's weird and it's everyday so I know it is not menstrual related. As a side note on my history, I have Type 1 Diabetes, Systemic Lupus, Srogren's, and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I am wondering, is this yet another autoimmune disease beginning to present itself? I know 106 is not that high, but while most people don't get blood tests every 3 months as I do for Diabetes, maybe we are just catching something in it's very premature stages. Is 106 high enough to be able to show a clear cut answer on an Isoenzyme lab should that be the next step? I am on Yaz birth control for about 1 year and i know that can have an effect on the Slkaline Phosphatase, but I have been on birth control on and off for 15 years and no issues so that is why I am not convinced of that being the culprit. Since September my Albumin has also fluctated from being low to normal, although this time it was normal at 3.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Alkaline Phosphatase is that same as ALP?  Mine ALP now is 126 (normal 40-100).  Mine is from normal range and raise and raise until those figures.  I also have a constant lower abdomen pain.  No doctor is interesting in ALP.  He said is something related to liver.  But liver they concern with ALT and GGT.   I have type II diabetes.  I think the blood tests are wasting of my blood and time.  They read, might be not serious enough for them to take action or cure.