Gastroenterology Community
Elevated Lipase - Normal CT scan
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated Lipase - Normal CT scan

I went to the emergency room for sharp pains in my lower right back, but the doctors could not find what was causing the pain.  I was given blood test and my lipase test was elevated.  I was given a CT scan, but my pancreas was normal.  The only pain I have is rectal pain when I have to go, when I pass gas, and when I am sitting.  I sometimes have pain in my lower left abdomen that comes and goes, usually have pain when I am sitting.  I had surgery to remove uterine fibroids 2 weeks ago.  The emergency room doctor said this may have caused an elevated lipase, but to have it rechecked by my doctor.  What would cause an elevated lipase?  What diseases cause elevated lipase?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Did you get an answer? I am in a simliar boat
Blank
469934_tn?1333138882
I'm so sorry you are both suffering.  I haven't been able to find much information on elevated lipase.  Almost everything I've found relates to gallstones, gallbladder and bile duct problems and pancreatitis/pancreas-related disorders.  I found one article that listed the appendix as a possible cause.

Here are some links that might help:
http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/amylase-and-lipase-tests
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec10/ch140/ch140c.html [while you're at this site, search for elevated lipase, it will give you a number of possible causes]

I wish you all the best and hope you are both feeling better soon!

Sam
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank