Elevated lipase and amylase levels
I am a male 47 year old non-smoker, light (1X beer per week) drinker, vegetarian (6+ years) that works out 5-6 times per week.  I would consider myself 100% healthy and this is my first surgery (see below).   I am 5'10 and weigh 190 pounds.  I get an annual physical, probably blood-work every-other year, and don't recall any elevated levels of anything.

Almost a month ago I had an emergency appendectomy.  The surgery was uncomplicated as was the appendix itself.  As part of the blood work at the hospital before discharge they found my amylase level was slightly elevated.   They ordered a 3 week routine follow-up.  I got the results today which showed I had elevated amylase (127) and Lipase (164).  Other than the appendix issue I do not have bowel or digestion issues.  I definitely do not have pain, discomfort or other issues with my abdomen.

But regardless I'm worried.  Of course my mind blows through other causes and jumps to cancer.  As part of the appendix diagnosis they did a CT scan of my chest and abdomen because I did not have "classic" signs of appendicitis (until the day of surgery where the pain did slide to my lower right side) so they were looking for kidney stones, gall stones, etc..  None were found at least as I was told.  I've heard the pancreas is hard to image but I'm telling myself they would have seen something.  False sense of security?

So I know I'm overreacting to some extent but wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?  I see the GP in the morning.

Thank you!

Walman