Gastroenterology Community
Embarrassing Flatulence/Mucus Incontinence
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Embarrassing Flatulence/Mucus Incontinence

I've been suffering from an embarrasing condition for some time now, where I absolutely have no control of when I pass wind, and there can be found a minimal amount of mucus discharging of my anus. I must continually run to the bathroom to wipe myself, but this does little to relieve me of perpetual gas passing. I'm told I have an air about me that smells of flatulence or bile. Also, accompanied by all this a constant rumbling in my lower bowels. My stool of late has been of strange as it comes out solid, but settles down at the bottom of the bowel like a fine powder and it appears that there is still undigested food particles found without. I have no less than four bile movements a day (up to six), all of which have bulk. But defecating seems to have a negative effect as it seems to make the passing of gas increase or even become more odorous. I've been to numerous doctors and they all say they have not a clue to what's wrong. I've had blood work drawn, a colonoscopy, an upper G.I., stool cultures, and biopsies of my intestinal wall, and they've all come up blank. I eat healthy, exercise everyday, take a probiotic to promote a healthy intestinal tract and still no progress.