Gastroenterology Community
Embarrassing sounds near lower back

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Embarrassing sounds near lower back

Hi everyone. I'm 15 and currently in high school. Before this year I never experienced the problem. Whenever I seem to be in a quiet room I get a loud gurgling noise down by my lower back, it's almost like I'm passing wind but I don't feel like I need to? Lately it's been calmed down with my change of diet and drinking plenty of water. I have been to my doctor and he says he doesn't think it's anything medical. When it has happened in the past I did ask someone close by me if they could hear it and they said no and the classroom we were in was really quiet and to me the noise was very loud. I'm not sure what this is, it is is just all in my head and stress related or not as it only started happening at the start of my exam year. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!!
It sounds like gas traveling through your digestive tract.  Before I got my digestive tract healed from Celiac disease, I had all sorts of strange noises.