Gastroenterology Community
Endometriosis and a bacterial infection

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Endometriosis and a bacterial infection

I was recently diagnosed with severe endometriosis. I have had bloating, pain, gas and nausea and a weight loss of 20 kgs over nearly three years. The symptoms have gradually improved, with diet and particularly after a laparoscopy, where they removed a lot of the endo and adhesions. I immediately regained 3 kgs. The surgeon was puzzled and sent me to a gastroenterologist. This doctor discovered from a colonoscopy and biopsy, inflammation in the small intestine and a possible old bacterial infection.

The gastro said it can take years to recover from a bacterial infection. My question is how accurate is this? I am now scheduled for a pill endoscopy to check out the small intestine. I have now gained 5 kgs. What would happen if you had a severe condition like endometriosis and a bacterial infection?
How are you? how did you get on?

I have bad Endo Ibs-c and frequent pelvic inflammetry disease so I`m prone to infection plus with Endo it knock your immune system so infections are extra predictable when bleeding. Best thing is to stop so much bleeding by regular intake of the pill as it only takes ONE period to produce hundreds of lesions!!

Not sure were you live but the UK know next to nothing about Endo so I`d suggest joining the Endometriosis Association of a similar social group :0)
I have to survive on round the clock painkillers for Gas!! the Gas makes the Endo pain ten times worse.

Any questions concerns feel free to message me.

Mrs Smith