Gastroenterology Community
Endoscopy Results
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Endoscopy Results

Hello, I had both a colonoscopy an endoscopy on 3/12/15.  I've battled with nausea, bloating, severe constipation to episodes of diarrhea.  I'm currently on linzess for IBS-C and calcium with vitamin D.
The procedure went well.  When I finally woke up, my husband was by my bed side and the Dr came out stating everything was good - but I had some gastritis, and peptic ulcer and internal hemorrhoids.  I came home with a report stating these same things including pictures of the ulcer (it was black & greyish??).  I called on Monday to get the biopsy results.  A nurse reads the letter that had just been mailed out to me - the letter states no abnormalities, no ulcers, no cancer or pre-cancer for either stomach or colon.  I question her by stating I have pictures at home of an ulcer.  She sends the Dr a note to call me.  All of yesterday went by... no call from Dr.  I call again today (at which point I already have the letter a home confirming what the nurse told me over the phone), and told her I never heard from Dr.  Apparently Dr had put a note in the system stating he wanted to see me - I asked why, and receptionist said he system notes states "gastritis no ulcer follow up" or something to that effect.  I'm pretty confused - could Dr have mistaken the ulcer for gastritis?  I'm no Dr but the picture itself look pretty nasty.  Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a mix-up like this... I'm sort of freaked out.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank