Gastroenterology Community
Endoscopy side effects

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Endoscopy side effects

Hi, I just had an endoscopy prodecure done yesterday. (When I talk I cough) The dr. found some Mucus in my lungs, & there is no drainage coming from the "broncitis sinutitis" that they found in my ct scan. Behind my nose, nose bridge, & cheeks its all stuffed up. I have to see a ear nose & throat dr. for that. I also have Sensitive vocal cords. He took a culture test for infection & mold & I should get my results back in a few weeks. My questions is the side effects. After I came home all of a sudden there was plenty of drainage coming from my nose. I keep coughing more, practically choking on my drainage to the point where I have to carry a cup to spit in and kleenex. I went to bed elevated to help the drainage then got up this morning to more dranage, coughing & choking. I slept a few hours more and now I have to keep clearing my throat along with the other symptoms. I also wanted to throw up but could only spit. Is this normal?

thanks for query. You suddenly had decongestion and that is the reason why you are having this much of discharge. This might be because of some drugs given for decongestion to release mucus. Drink plenty of fluids and take more of hot soups are better. Your doctor will give you a course of antibiotics for this as per the report. Take proper rest and please follow the advise.
Wishing you good health.