Gastroenterology Community
Endoscopy with Bravo capsule

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Endoscopy with Bravo capsule

I'm scheduled to get an endoscopy in three weeks. They are going to see why I'm having so many throat issues and stomachaches. The GI doctor said they will do biopsies and attach a Bravo capsule to my esophagus that will measure the PH level in me and then will fall off and come out of me naturally. I've had endoscopes before but never this capsule. Has anyone else had one of these done before? Is there anything you can tell me about any of this? I have to say, I'm not real comfortable with the idea of something "stuck" to my esophagus but I guess it's only for two days.
What exactly will that show? I know he says it will measure my PH levels but can anyone further elaborate on that?
Also, one more thing, I was getting ready to start a whole bunch of nutritional supplements. Is it better to wait till after the procedure? I don't want to take anything that will interfere with the anesthesia.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning some more!
Anyone?
Has no one on here had the Bravo capsule?
The capsule will record the number of reflux episodes over a 48 hour period. It tells them how often you reflux - how often your esophagus is exposed to acid - or not.

Wait until after the test is done to start the supplements.
Thank you for responding.I won't feel it, will I? I'm not real crazy about the idea of having something attached to my esophagus but I do want to get all this done, of course.
You won't feel it being placed as you're typically sedated. However, you may feel a 'tugging' sensation in your esophagus or throat, but it's hard to tell. Some people feel nothing at all, other complain about the tugging, but after it releases and enters your digestive system, the feeling will fade.
Thank you so much! Now I know a bit better what to expect. Thank you. :)
I have h.pyloris I knew about the camera capsule from an adv here in Bahrain the whole idea is new here as it is introduced in a clinic which deals with the digestive system nd colon..

I browsed the net, read  about it ,and listened to some of the explaination of the doctor  ..I felt ok of going fr such neat technology especially I dont like to go under operations..

it is costy here though ..

I had this done yesterday and hasn't bothered me at all get tired of pushing the botton each time I cough hard to remember