Enlarged Ducts, please help if possible
Ok, so I just recently had an mri of my pelvic region and the only thing that came back abnormal was enlarged pancreatic ducts and enlarged bile ducts. That is all my dr would tell me on the phone about it. He said he was sending me to a Gastroenterologist for a test called MRCP, but I don't see him until the 6th of next month. What, in your opinion does this mean? Or could cause them to enlarge? He said this was significant and also asked if my gall bladder was still in (yes), but I don't know if that makes a diff. here. I just don't know if I should be worried or not. Thanks in advance for ANY help.
It's possible that you could have had (or have) a 'backup of bile and pancreatic fluids due to gallstones or an obstruction or ductal spasm which are typical causes of duct enlargement.
did you find out what the cause of this was? And what steps have you taken since?