Gastroenterology Community
Enlarged spleen and elevated liver enzymes

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Good Morning,
I am seeing the GI doc this month for a regularly scheduled visit and the set up a colonoscopy as I am turning 50 and also have a family history of colon issues. This past week I wasn't feeling well (bouts of nausea) and got in to see my pcp and I found out through a blood test my liver enzymes were elevated. I was sent for an abdominal ultrasound and it shows I have an enlarged spleen and  fatty infiltration in the liver. My bloodwork and ultrasound results have been sent to the gastro doc. My question is this what kinds of testing will he do to see why the spleen is enlarged and what about the liver enzymes being elevated. I will see the GI nest week and I am kind of worried about these new developments.