Enterovaginal fistula symptoms
My mother has been diagnosed with a Enterovaginal fistula. I understand it is a hole between the large colon and vagina. Her's apparently is small. She recently had a bad bout with diarrhea. Question for those who suffer with this - Will there by some of the diarrhea that comes through the vagina? She is very upset and thinks something is very wrong with her. I want to be able to tell her if this is something that can happen with the fistula. Because of her health, the doctors do not want to do surgery. They also say that it is only a nuisance, not a health threat.
Thanks for any information you can give me on this.
In an enterovaginal fistula you can have drainage from the area of the colon that is involved into the vagina, unfortunately.

She may want to consider an enteral diet. It's something that can be prescribed for enterovaginal, enterocutaneous, and enterovesicular fistulas. An enteral diet is liquid nutrition that is taken by mouth or given through a feeding tube. The liquid nutrition formula replaces solid food and contains vital nutrients. With no solid food there is less stool passing through the anus, which helps the fistula heal and maybe even close.