Gastroenterology Community
Eosinophilic Esophagitis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Eosinophilic Esophagitis

Is it possible to get a false negative on the biopsy for EE due to prolonged use of Steroid treatment?  The reason I ask this question, is in April 2011, after being on fairly high dose prednisone for 5 months and inhaled steriods, I had my endoscopy with biopsy for EE.  The results came back negative at that time.  Over time the symptoms all returned and by September EE is being discussed again as a possibility.  Thanks for your help.  And best of luck to each of you.
I believe it is a possibility considering how difficult it may be to make a positive diagnosis of EE.

Although this is a bit technical, it may give you an idea of the background on EE and how few things docs really know about it: http://www.nature.com/gimo/contents/pt1/full/gimo49.html
Thank you