Eosinophilic gastroenteritis
I was wondering if anyone out there was also diagnosed with this at any point in their life? I recently went to the ER because I became violently ill, and didn't put the pieces together until now.

When I was around 8 I was diagnosed with this, usually I was vomiting or had diarrhea almost every day for a long time. It seemed to stop, but I always still had diarrhea where most people would have regular bowel movements.

It worries me that this condition could be coming back in force.
You may want to check out infomation on the American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders site. When someone has eosinophilic issues it typically doesn't disappear. You're unfortunately going to have to deal with it for your life time. It's basically considered to be an 'allergic' state. You need to find out what substances are triggering the response and avoid them.
check out apfed, chop, and cured.

also go to an allergist for a patch and ***** test. completely avoid all allergenic foods no matter what. good luck