Aa
A
A
Close
Epigastric pain after eating
Sometimes after eating, or during a meal, I have uppe epigastric pain immediately.  It can last for 10 minuts for several hours.  It feels like a gnawing type pain. Sometiems it feels like spasms as the pain is not constant.  It can stop, and then come back after 20 minutes.   Sometimes during the day I have nausea, but nothing very significant.  Other times I can eat and have little to no pain afterwards.  I stay away from spicy, fried, carbonated foods as I have been diagnosed with acid reflux.  I take 40 mg of Nexium a day (started about one week ago).  I am worried this is something serious.  I have been under a lot of anxiety and stress, not sure if this has anything to do with the upper epigastric pain.  It is on my mind all the time, sometimes I feel like I when I eat all I do is think about my stomach pain starting.  I try to ignore it.  By the way, I am 47 and female.

Thanks for any replies as to what this may be.  Have a nice day.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi.  I have been dealing with similiar nausea for about 1 month and I have been on various ppi's for almost 2 yrs.  My current issue started about 2 months ago as a deep stomach pain after some ibuprophen use.   I have had an abdominal CT scan and an ultrasound of my pancreas, gall bladder and liver.  I did have an endoscopy about 10 months ago and my GI said that I did not need another.  I went to my family doc and he said maybe an ulcer but he is sending me for a HIDA scan.  He says it could be my  gall bladder.  If the gall bladder is functioning properly I will need another scope.  Anyway, check with your doc and ask for a scope and see if he thinks it could be your gall bladder.  I have seen posts on this site from people with similar symptoms who had gall bladder issues.  Try to relax, I know the anxiety makes it worse.  

Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources