Epigastric pain and bloating
I recently have had increased problems with severe epigastric pain that is relieved only by burping.  Most recently I had a severe episode that caused me to have severe dyspnea and pain as well as cold sweats and lightheadedness.  I was unable to burp, but felt like my stomach or esophagus was going to explode.  It lasted approx 10 minutes. I am 5 years s/p lap nissen (despite poor esophageal motility).  I had been doing really well until my third child was born and gained a bunch of weight.  An EGD showed no change in the nissen and Upper GI was okay.  I recently lost 35 pounds and now am having the gas problem again. Could there be any correlation with the weight loss and my stomach problems returning?  Gallbladder ultrasounds have been normal.  I can't have the hyda scan d/t breastfeeding.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm having a similar problem.  I started using slippery elm bark and warm or hot water.  The trick is that it can be cold or it doesn't work.  It's supposed to work with the upper and lower digestive track.  I don't know how well it will work for me either, but I've heard others talk about it helping, so it's worth a try.  Especially since the stuff isn't harmful and is inexpensive.