Epiploic Appendagitis
Have you heard of it? Know anyone who has had it?  I had  a CT scan they said DIVERTIC, then after a round of antibitoics I had another CT SCAN done and now they are saying EA. It went away after like 2 weeks of ADVIL. I got the same pain back and it hurt to even breathe. THey are having me continue to advil and if ti hurts again to go back for ANOTHER CT scan. Is this something that comes and goes??  I thought it would go away and they would be the end of it. I had a Ultra sound on my gall bladder and that was normal. I can't find anything on EA on the internet with other peoples experiences.

thanks
Epiploic appendages are small outpouchings of fat-filled structures that are present on the external surface of the colon. The appendages are situated along the entire colon, but are typically more abundant and larger in the transverse and sigmoid colon areas. The appendages vary considerably in size, shape, and contour and can be mistaken for diverticular pouches in some cases. The appendages are presumed to serve a protective and defensive mechanism in the abdominal cavity.

Each appendage encloses small branches of an artery and vein that supply the corresponding segment of the colon.

Evidently, epiploic appendagitis is caused by twisting of the appendage and it can become inflammed. According to the literature, the condition should be self-limiting or there can be chronic inflammation with 'supposedly' no symptoms. In the acute phases, however, pain is present.