Episodes of yellow diarrhea & dry heaving
Hi!
So I usually never get sick. In the last 8 months I have had 4 episodes of the same "stomach virus". I wake up in the middle of the night with the doom feeling and have diarrhea. It quickly turns to bright yellow and I have multiple episodes throughout the night. I do not usually feel sick to my stomach like nausea but I have dry heaved with each of the 4 episodes. My last one was Thursday night into Friday. Thursday night I went to bed with some heartburn- but I have a history of acid reflux so I don't usually think too much of it. Each time, I am fine by noon. Could this be just stomach viruses or something more serious? Any ideas?
Hi there!

Since these are short-lived episodes these are likely to be stomach flu and unlikely to be anything serious. I would suggest maintaining adequate hygiene with food items and avoiding street food. During the acute episodes it is recommended to take plenty of fluids with added sugar and salt/ commercially available oral rehydration solution to compensate for the fluids lost. If the symptoms do not settle in 5-10 days each time or there is development of additional symptoms such as blood in stools, I would suggest an evaluation by a primary care physician for appropriate management. A visit to the ER may be considered if there are symptoms of dehydration such as dizziness etc.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I also have had yellow  diarrhea and was hoping that it was not something I had injested.  It has been going for a couple of days now. A little pain. so I’m thinking it was something I ate. frome Mc Donalds icecream cone and fish sandwich. Water. After that I began to have this problem.  I will head your suggestion for the other comments.  Just hoping this was not a case of poisoning