Gastroenterology Community
Erythematous mucosa
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Erythematous mucosa

I recently had an EGD Procedure. Findings in the stomach: Erythematous mucosa was found in the antrum. Two biopsies were taken from the antrum. I am currently waiting for the results of the biopsy. My question is this, what are they testing/looking for in the biopsy?  I have abdominal pain, nausea and pain in both pancreas and gallbladder. Blood work results on Lipase is slightly elevated at 92. Amylase is within normal range. All other blood work has come back normal.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
They're looking for a cause for the reddening of that lower portion of your stomach. So they'll probably look to see if there is H pylori present, or if there are any cells under the lining that could indicate an inflammatory 'cause' factor.
Blank
910560_tn?1242765386
i had a EDC and this was the doctors finding  LA grade B reflux esophagitis, Hiatus hernia , explain what these medical terms mean.
Blank
I had a edg yesterday and I don't know what the dr terms mean, please help me figure it out
multiple cold forceps found biopsies taken
an eg junction visualized
erythematous mucosa found in antrum and body of the stomach, multiple biopsies taken
multiple cold forceps biopsies taken for unrease test
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank