Gastroenterology Community
Erythematous mucosa

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Erythematous mucosa

I recently had an EGD Procedure. Findings in the stomach: Erythematous mucosa was found in the antrum. Two biopsies were taken from the antrum. I am currently waiting for the results of the biopsy. My question is this, what are they testing/looking for in the biopsy?  I have abdominal pain, nausea and pain in both pancreas and gallbladder. Blood work results on Lipase is slightly elevated at 92. Amylase is within normal range. All other blood work has come back normal.
They're looking for a cause for the reddening of that lower portion of your stomach. So they'll probably look to see if there is H pylori present, or if there are any cells under the lining that could indicate an inflammatory 'cause' factor.
i had a EDC and this was the doctors finding  LA grade B reflux esophagitis, Hiatus hernia , explain what these medical terms mean.
I had a edg yesterday and I don't know what the dr terms mean, please help me figure it out
multiple cold forceps found biopsies taken
an eg junction visualized
erythematous mucosa found in antrum and body of the stomach, multiple biopsies taken
multiple cold forceps biopsies taken for unrease test