Gastroenterology Community
Esophageal Spasms - How do you stop them?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Esophageal Spasms - How do you stop them?

I had a flareup of my GERD after taking a course of antibiotics for medical reasons unrelated to my stomach.  It has resulted in my having severe chest and stomach pain.  I went to the doctor, who checked out my heart and lungs and said they are OK.  She diagnosed me as having esophageal spasms and gave me a prescription for Flexeril.  I have used the Flexeril for about four nights.  On the first night, it worked great the whole night, the next for part of the night, then for a couple of hours.  Last night, I don't think it helped at all.  I dread going to bed and tossing and turning in pain again tonight.

I'm asking if anyone who has/had this terrible disease(??) could help me out, as to how to be rid of this!  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  I don't have health insurance and am disabled, so I can't afford a bunch of expensive tests.  The lack of sleep is really disrupting my life.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would respond.  Thank you.