Gastroenterology Community
Excessive belching and vomiting eosinophilic esophagitis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I've had stomach problems over the the years pretty often which i think began from stress. My issues started with my stomach constantly growling when i wasn't hungry, then extreme nausea & stomach pain as well as an irregular digestive tract. I went to the gastro and he did an endoscopy which showed that i had H. Pylori. He gave me antibiotics and the symptoms subsided for a while. When he did my endoscopy though, it showed i had heavy inflammation of my stomach lining which he did not know from what. He simply wrote off a diagnosis as GERD. Over the next year i had 3 more endoscopies and 1 colonoscopy being that my symptoms began again, i had contracted H. Pylori AGAIN, i had internal bleeding, and my stomach inflammation did not go away. I then began getting strange feelings in my throat, right in the middle of my neck as if something was stuck, and i began vomiting bile and blood after every time i ate. That was the reason for my last endoscopy. The gastro diagnosed me with eosinophilic esophagitis. He explained to me that its usually caused from allergies (which i have PLENTY of..-my allergy severity test was well beyond 3,000) so i figured that made sense. He told me i have to go on long term meds which i still haven't done yet since i no longer have insurance. In the mean time since then (a few months have passed) my vomiting has become uncontrollable. I vomit almost every time after i eat something, and it begins with uncontrollable belching, which then turns to vomiting i can't control with every belch (sorry to be so graphic) but its become so terrible i don't know what to do and i don't know if its still the eosinophillic esophasitis or something new..i'm only 20 years old and have never heard of anyone experiencing such problems at my age..is there anyone that can tell me whats going on!? Please! any responses would be thankful and appreciated!

This discussion is related to Feeling like throwing up, excessive burping.
i have excessive burping too, to the point of sometimes vomiting, but not as bad as you. There are several anti nausea and vomiting drugs(Reglan motilium) that also have the effect of tightening the lower oesophageal sphincter and increasing the motility of the stomach, so food leaves it quicker. Both these effect can help reduce the amount of acid that reaches the Oh so tender oesophageal lining. I suspect the long term meds the doc wants u to have are proton pump inhibitors, They are very successful in a majority of people, unfortunately I am not one of them. You should, if u can possible find a way to afford them, try the meds. They might totally fix your problem. U can also look on many sites and find info on types of food to avoid, lifting the head of your bed, eating only tiny meals, giving up grog, losing weight etc. You are very young to suffer like this. Try the meds if u possibly can. The only thing that has helped me is and hour and a half of meditation in the local Buddhist temple. (I just went to keep a friend company and found my burping and acid went away) I get 90 mins of blissful relief once a week. I just don't have time to go more and it just isn't something that fits in to most peoples lives v well but I feel normal for those 90 mins
EE is an allergic inflammatory disorder. Go to http://www.apfed.org/ee.htm and do some reading about the condition. It can be helped quite a bit with strict dietary control and medications. Do not take the diagnosis lightly. Your current symptoms can be due to EE.
The problem is without insurance it's hard to do things and resolve the problem on your own.  With the new law, you could be carried on coverage until the age of 26.  It may be worth looking into.  Or contact your state health department for programs you may be eligible for at this time.  I'm blessed to have been recently given the EE dx and to have insurance but CalGal is right, don't take it lightly.