Gastroenterology Community
Excessive gas and dizziness after stomach virus?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive gas and dizziness after stomach virus?

I am a 19 year old otherwise healthy female. About 28 days ago, I vomited and started to have diaherra (diarrhea). Thinking it was probably nothing serious and would go away, I just ate little rice/bananas/crackers/chicken broth over the next few days. But over the next few days I felt absolutely horrible. The nausea was constant and I was very week. I saw the doctor who took a urine test, said it was UTI and gave me antibiotics. I took it that night and the following morning but since I was feeling very weak and nauseous, I went to the hospital. There, they took another urine test and said it wasn’t a UTI and was probably due to some stomach virus. They gave me IV fluid replacements and advised me to stay on clear liquids for 3 days. After staying on clear liquids for 3 days, my stomach started feeling better but I was understandably, still, very weak. Ever since, I have started eating normally now but now I have horrible gas problems. I constantly feel like burping and passing gas. My stomach makes weird gassy noises. It’s not only after I eat. It stays there all the time. Plus, although I am drinking lots of water and fluids, my head starts spinning at various points in the day. I have normal blood pressure (a bit low but my blood pressure has always been a bit low) and temperature. However, my heartbeat stays around 80-85 beats/minute. Can this be indicative of anything serious or is this normal (for these many days) after having a stomach virus? How can I stop/prevent the gas? What is happening with my head? Please help.