Gastroenterology Community
Excoriated anal mucosa tissue

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Excoriated anal mucosa tissue

6926480?1306079831
I had my follow up visit with my Colon/Rectal doctor on Friday. She told me that I was healing well inside where she had banded an internal hemorrhoid three weeks ago. Unfortunately the sore area on my anus has not cleared up. She mentioned it’s an excoriation of the anal mucosa tissue, most likely due to aggressive wiping and or washing of my anus. It’s quite sensitive and when I have a bowel movement it gets much worse. She recommended not washing with soap anymore (which I already knew) and be less aggressive when wiping. She prescribed using Anal Pram (which hasn’t helped) and the use of suppositories. She also prescribed Procto Cream H.C. which I will pick up today and try too. When I asked her what if none of these topical applications work to get rid of the excoriated tissue, what would be my options, she mentioned I would have to have surgery. She would excise the anal mucosa where the excoriation is and remove my two large external hemorrhoids at the same time. I would be out of work for 1 to 2 weeks at least and in a whole lot of pain. I’m really not sure what to do at this point. I scheduled the surgery tentatively for August but need to see if there is some type of ointment, oil or cream that I can use to heal this excoriated area of the anal mucosa tissue. I started using Vitamin E oil on it the last two nights and it seems to be helping a little. I have some special Coconut Oil on order that’s also supposed to be quite good for healing damaged skin. Any recommendations anyone here could make or thoughts on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. :-)
my husband is having a similar situation, He lost his large intestine and just had a reanastomasis of his small intestine to his rectum. Of course he is having frequent bowel movements and therefore has also been dealing with an excoriated anus, We have tried EVERYTHING imaginable. Nothing is helping. He is in constant pain. Any suggestions from J-pouch recipients would be helpful.
maam i am having the same problem and it  has been a ongoing problem  since i was 17 and now im 49   i have been to 13 docs which include surgeons,,specialists,,and gastros,, and it is only getting worse,and when i have a bowel movement i about croak cause it bust  the skin back open,,i have tried everything u have and more,,all the over the counter meds nada lot of meds they had mixed up for me. The only trhing i have been able ot find ot give me some relief is this  A 1000 MG SUPPOSITORY.  The nameof it is CANASA.  I HOPE U FIND SOMETHING FOR U  CAUSE THIS IS VERY PAINFUL AND I KNOW WHAT U R GOING THRU
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers