Gastroenterology Community
Exercises to help strengthen the LES?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Exercises to help strengthen the LES?

Are there any exercises to help strengthen the LES? I've been using Nexium for a while now and it feels like acid is breaking through more and more often. I have a very mild case of gastroparesis, and will likely request the doctor prescribes Reglan, mostly to handle the heartburn. (I don't often get any other symptoms from the GP.) I've heard that Reglan can help strengthen the LES, but are there any exercises that can do the same? Someone once mentioned to me that vocalist exercises might help (particularly because it strengthes the diaphragm), but I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do.
I just got back from an acupuncture treatment for my gastroparesis, done with electric stimulation. IMMEDIATE help! A minute after the needles were put in and the stimulation started my stomach started growling. About half way I felt like I was starving! After the treatment I went and had a good sized salad and chicken. Very little heartburn, less than I've had in days!

Also, there was a reason for the chicken at dinner: turns out that while things like onion and garlic have the effect of weakening the LES, protein apparently has been shown to strengthen the LES, at least temporarily. I think I'll be eating a lot more (lean) protein from now on.
The studies from acupuncture at two specific acupuncture points were actually the basis for the development of the gastric pacemaker.................interesting, huh?
Hmm... THAT I did not know! Very interesting. Makes me think I'm on the right path with acupuncture, at least as part of the whole picture. Do you happen to know where I can find a chart that shows the acupuncture points used?