Gastroenterology Community
External Hemoryde?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

External Hemoryde?

I have what looks like a little pea outside my anus (I do have a picture, if I can post it).

Every now and again my stoles consist of blood. It seems to come and go but my last stool has had
blood in it. I went to our doctor (He didn't look) and he referred me to another surgeon in 30 seconds....the surgeon (looked) prescribed me something which didn't work.

So I went back to my doctor (didn't look) and he prescribed me something else...blowing me off it felt like. That was a while ago.

I assume it is still hemroyds but if ya wanna see the picture let me know.

Is there anything I can get at the pharmacy (in Canada)?

Thanks, this site looks good!
Hello,   I am NOT a doctor or medical professional. I just have had the lovely opportunity to have had hemmorrhoids before.
It does sound like a hemorrhoid.  Is the bleeding bright red (typical)? Is it only when you have a harder bowel movement? Or are you bleeding between movements?  Sometimes, when passing stool that is hard, the hemorrhoid will bleed and coat the stool, giving the impression that there is blood IN the stool. Has either of your doctors ever had you do a hemocult test of your stool ? You didn't mention what the doctors gave you to treat it.  There are different treatments for hemorrhoids, depending on whether thay are external or internal. Sounds like you have externals, and the suggestions I am offering are geared for that type.
It is important to have a high fiber diet so you don't have to strain when evacuating.  I use MiraLax powder...its a softener...NOT a laxative.
Hot baths help. Also,,,A & D ointment or regular cooking shortening can help reduce dry friction and irritation. Be sure to keep the area clean and eliminate tight clothing. Allow your bottom to "breath" while sleeping. A trick my doctor taught me after I had my child...when getting ready to sit down, tighten your butt cheeks, and once seated, relax the butt. This helps you to not spread your bottom when sitting down...getting up...you can used the same technique.
I wish you the best in feeling better!!
Bleeding is typically bright red and only occurs during movements.

Neither tested stool.

It is external.

A&D Ointments or regular cooking shortening?

Anymore tips?
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers