Gastroenterology Community
Extreme Gas problem

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Extreme Gas problem

I have suffer form extreme uncontrolable gas problems since i was 13 years old.Now I'm 35 with no hope left.I dont drink or smoke and cheeze and milk does cuse alot of bloating.I have given up dairy but still seem to have no control holding the gas in.I've been to too many doctors for help.I have had 2 colonoscopy (forgive the spelling), take lots of fiber, and tons of laxatives and gas pills with no change.This has affected my life to the point where i can't keep a job down because of embrassment and also do the things of everyday life.

Please Help
What did the colonoscopy tests say?Do have a lot of loose bowels,constipation?You might have IBS irritable bowel syndrome.I am not a doctor,I am only giving you my opinion.You need to see a doctor before this can be truly diagnoed.Have you seen a gastrointologist for this condition?If not have your family doctor refer you to one.                                       good luck
you need an endoscopy and other tests for the stomach,colonscopy is just the colon part.
The colonoscopy came out negative for anything unusual.And my b.m. is not the best it could be.Maybe once a day or every other day with difficulty.When i ate dairy it would be very painful with some bleeding so i lessen the amount to almost non-existence.Which is hard.Not even lactaid milk, soy milk, or lactaid pills work.The only thing that doctors had ever said to me was to take more fiber. Thank you for your concern and quick response.
I have the same problem. I used to have GERD, bloating, extreme gas. Few years ago while on Dr.Atkins diet, I realized that my GERD and gas problem went away. Of course couldn't stay on the diet for too long. I had gone to see GI specialist, and asked why I felt better on low carbohydrate diet, his answer "no clue". He gave a bunch of medicine to take, but I avoid taking medicines. I was convinced that I could get better without medicine. One day I told my family physician about my extreme gas and how being on no or low carbohydrate made me feel better. He said I needed to go see GI specialist, have colonoscopy and mentioned I might have to be tested for celiac diseases. I researched on the internet and found out celiac disease is caused by gluten intolerance. I decided to avoid all gluten (wheat, barley, oats and rye)from my diet. Lo and behold I felt better in few days. I had no other symptoms of celiac disease except bloating,gas and GERD. I have suffered for many years with gas but whenever I mentioned it to the Doctors I was told to avoid foods causing gas and so I thought I would just have to live with it. I also have gas when I eat beans(large serving) and milk products. Some people say their lactose intolerance goes away after being on gluten free diet for a few months. I will have to wait and see. No where on the internet I found a suggestion that just having extreme gas is caused by gluten intolerance. I hope this helps you.
I recently begun to suffer from the symptoms you mention. I am 48 and in good health. Only recently, I noticed extreme gas. In the last week or so, it has become worse and includes nausea, dizziness and some fatigue after eating. Every meal seems to cause GI problems. I had some constipation as well, but the abiding symptoms are extreme gas, nausea and feeling bloated. Could this be leaky gut syndrome, IBS, or even polyps in the intestine? What kind of dietary changes do people recommend? I haven't lost weight or had blood in the stool, so I don't think I have colon cancer. Ideas?
SOMETIMES the excess fiber causes more gas/  Lighten up on fiber and see what happens.
Good luck.
Hi i suffer from extreme gas as well. Just a few hours ago it was really bad and i was told to drink a ginger ale and i am amazed at how quickly it helped. Also you can try crushing a piece of garlic and/or ginger and put boiling water on it in a cup until its brewed and you can add sugar if you want then drink it as hot as possible. this is great for gas as well.
Hi I started having this issues 6 mth back i use to feel bloated with any food eapecially if i fill my stomach at once ohh forget it  but it went so bad that i was passing gas so much that i was getting nausea and felt so sick so i was sent to GI who did endoscopy and some blood work my endoscopy came out fine but she felt in my blood work and the biapsy that i have celiac took some more blood work and was send for ultrasound and it showed i had bile in my gall bladder so then they send me for HIDA that came out working 70% which is good so back to the same issues so i was put on omerpozel ,ritinidine miralc and citracel (fiberone/cone are very gassy not good if you are gassy to begin with ) .After a month i felt better but then i have some other medical condition which is different story but try this med combo. you can also try soda bicarbonate with lime drink right away hopefully you found some relief.Take care
Try MiraLax for quick relief.  It is MUCH more effective than just fiber.  I think you should be tested for celiac disease.  If you are positive, you can stop eating gluten and feel much better.  I was just diagnosed with celiac disease, so my twin sister (who was having similar symptoms) also quit eating wheat and other gluten-containing foods.  She had instant relief.