Gastroenterology Community
Extreme itch after diarrea(diarrhea)/soft stools
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extreme itch after diarrea(diarrhea)/soft stools

I have a real unusal problem that I've descibed to doctors several times but I'm not sure anyone understands what I'm describing or takes me serious enough but it continues to worry me. Sometimes after having diarrea (diarrhea) or what I'd call almost diarrea (diarrhea) (soft stool that takes a lot of wiping to clean up) I can feel an itching sensation around my anus. When I start to wipe the area with toilet paper the itch is relieved but I continue to apply pressure to the area and its almost hard to stop. I get this euphoric kind of relief to the itch that honestly feels as strong if not stronger than sexual climax. There's nothing sexual going on though, not physically or in my head. I'm just trying to describe the intensity of the sensation. I get goosebumps on my legs and arms, I clench my jaw, I feel some sinus pressure release, and actually feel a little lightheaded and dizzy. This ususally happens when I have "messy" bowel movements that require several wipes to clean up fully and is most strong when I first start to wipe. Sometimes there is a little bit of blood left on the toilet paper but I've been checked for hemoroids and have been told that the blood is simply from excessive wiping. I've also had a colonoscopy and came up with a clean report. What is happening when I'm doing this? Am I stimulating my prostrate gland maybe? Am I doing myself harm? I'm a 47 year old male and have had this going on for probably 15 years, with increased frequency over time. Thank you for any help that can offered.