Fainting Spells???
My 7 year old daughter has fainting spells. She has be evaluated by cardiovascular and neurology specialists. All of these tests have come back fine. These spells are not regular. She has had 4 since she was 4 years old. The last one she did not actually pass all the way out, but I now notice the symptoms and layed her down before she collapsed. It's starting to be more frightening. The last time she fainted, she was unconscious for over 10 minutes and I had to call 911. They checked her blood sugar and did a EKG, and everything was fine. At the hospital she had additional testing and a CAT scan. All test results were normal. The one thing that always happens prior to passing out is that she has a really bad stomach ache. While she's passed out, or once she comes to she has diarrhea (I wouldn't call it diarrhea, it's clear with no substance. This is what the doctor called it). Her Doctor has now recommended that we take her to a Gastroenterology specialist. Does her symptoms sound like something related to Gastrol issues? Do you have any idea what this is?
Thanks!
Mom who is concerned
Bad stomach ache, and clear diarrhea, yes that's certainly for gastroenterologist. He might explain the fainting even better than neurologist. Fainting may occur because of rapid gastric emptying (dumping syndrome). The food suddenly comes into duodenum, what as end result causes transient hypoglicemia, which can cause fainting, just like in diabetic hypoglycemia. Blood sugar then rises quickly again, so this is not detected on the blood test.

Gastro. will probably do some gastric emptying tests, and maybe blod glucose level right after eating.