Gastroenterology Community
Fart Smell from.. inside me?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Fart Smell from.. inside me?

i always smell fart. i'm just sitting and suddenly fart smell just erupts in my nose. like its coming from inside me! what do i do? is this a serious condition?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Do you always smell it or does it happen off and on?  Do other people around you say they can smell it too when you ask them?
Avatar n tn
its off and on but when it comes it stays for like half an hour. i never asked anyone. and no one's said anything.. but i don't know
The next time you smell it, I would recommend asking a close family member or friend that you trust if they can smell it too.
my hubby has what he calls a smell in his nose has had it for years it takes his breathe away but no one elsa can smell it, his dr says it could be his sinus only he can smell it, you should talk to you dr about it. my hubby does not take anything for it, he has also talked to servel others who gets smells off and on and its no big deal.