Gastroenterology Community
Farting Problem :( ruining my life.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Farting Problem :( ruining my life.

It's about to be a year and yet no answer. I have been farting non-stop and its ruining my life socially, mentally, Physically. I started college not to long ago and already sitting in class is HELL! the crazy thing is I dont even smell my farts but I know I'm the stinky one because I had people tell me I stink not to mention the stares and rude comments people make, classmates can be really cruel.. I sometimes walk out of class because I dont wanna cry in front of my classmates and Prof. I have tried everything to cure my problem. I have been to diffrent gastros I had a colonoscopy done,blood test, stool test and everything came back negative, I even bought over the counter pills (Beano, Gas X, Pepto, Peppermint Tea,Vitamins, Miralax, Probiotics) I even changed my diet to veggies and gluten as well as lactos free and trust me I completely avoid gassy foods. I'm now at the end of my rope I'm even thinking about taking a semester off to work and pay doctors so they can figure out whats wrong with me. I have quit jobs because of this problem and I also turned down trips as well as I dont leave my dorm or go to the movies with my bf... I also feel like this is ruinning my relationship. Either way Im sorry this post is sooo long I just really Need some advice maybe I missed something or perhaps there's a farting disease that I dont know about. Help please.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Did you eliminate 100% of all lactose for at least 2 weeks.  Have you tried eliminating 100% of all gluten for 2 months?  Have you been tested for small intestinal bacteria overgrowth?
Hello, Im so excited someone replied !!!! and yes I'm still lactose free and I tried the gluten free diet for about a month but my symptoms still remain the same. I will make an appointment with my doctor tommorow to see if intestional bacteria overgrowth may be the cause since I never heard of that... I will google it :) thank you for replying and I will keep you posted.
       I went to the website you suggested and the things I read are pretty interesting.. I'm surprised that the doctors i went to never mentioned this. Im defitnetly going to ask my doctor about this and see if she can test me to see if I have this. I already have an appointment set up for bacterial overgrowth for the 23rd of this month maybe then she can give me some answers. Either way thank you so much for replying. I'm very greatful for your advice. I will keep you posted.
still farting?