Fat/Mucus/Tissue in Stool - Seek Second Opinion?

About a year ago, I started to notice that occasionally (every few weeks) I'll have a couple of days where my stool is odd.  It has what looks like veins of a whitish substance in it, which could be fat or mucus.  Sometimes it looks a bit like shredded tissue.

Last autumn, I reported this to my GP.  She thought it could be excess fat in the stool and ordered a test to check for stool fat.  I had to collect stool samples over a period of three days, and then delivered them to the hospital lab.  A few days later, I got a call to say that the lab is no longer performing this test in the absence of a GI consult (so I collected that horrible sample for nothing!).

In lieu of this test, my GP's office advised me to have several blood tests done, at that stage (I'm afraid I don't remember what they were testing for, exactly).  I did the tests, but never heard from the GP's office again - meaning that they didn't find anything unusual in the blood tests.

I guess this means that my GP thinks the issue is not of concern.  But I still pass these strange stools from time to time.  Do you think I should I go back to my GP and press her to continue investigations, and/or refer me to a gastroenterologist?  I'd appreciate any advice.  

Thank you!

This discussion is related to white stuff, blood, mucus, and tissue things in stool..HELP.
Are you lactose intolerant by any chance? It could be that or a simple food allergy. A trip to the doc to rule these things out might be a good idea, but while waiting, see what happens when you eat certain foods and log it. Before long you may see a pattern develop.
Thanks Teko.  As far as I am aware, I am not lactose intolerant, and have no allergies of any kind.  Would be glad if the problem ended up being something as simple as that, though
Hi probably u hav a food alergy as teko said or ur not digesting food the way u should as in ur stomach juices probably aren't at a good level
hope it helps :)