Gastroenterology Community
Fatty Liver and increased White blood cell count
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fatty Liver and increased White blood cell count

Hi I'm a 26 year old overweight female. About a year ago I started having RUQ pain and thought it may be my gallbladder. My white blood cell count and ALT and AST were slightly elevated and my triglycerides were high at 260.  I had an ultrasound which showed Fatty liver disease and mentioned to my PCP that I had Hep A as a child. He said that even though the ultrasound showed no problems with my gallbladder I should get a Hidascan and not worry about the liver. The symptoms went away so I did not get the hida scan at that time. About 4 months later I had repeat blood work I had brought down my triglycerides through diet and exercise to 240 and my ALT and AST were normal, but my white blood count continued to be elevated. We did a repeat CBC and since my WBC were still elevated and I was having "gallbladder" symptoms again I went to a hemotologist and made the decision to have my gallbladder removed before further testing. 2 weeks after the gallbladder removal my WBC were still elevated at 12.3. It has been 6 months since my gallbladder removal and now my WBC are at 14.3 also now my RBC is elevated at 5.3 when it had not been before and the pain in my RUQ is still present though not as sever. I mentioned my liver history to the hemotologist and he stated that fatty liver disease would not cause the increase in WBC.  This does not seem right to me since I have inflammation to my liver.
I have no symptoms other than the infrequent dull pain to my RUQ?

Could this be liver cancer and what should I have done to prove that it is or isn't?
What else could be causing the slow rise in my WBC and now RBC?

Thanks for the help