Fatty Tumor
I has a CT-scan in January to rule out appendicitis.  Instead they located a tumor the size of a baseball in the left lower quadrant of my stomach.  They said it's probably just a fatty tumor, but I continue to have pain in the lower right side.  I don't have insurance, and am looking for a job at this time, so I really can't afford to go in if it's unecessary.  Does anyone have any more information on this kind of tumor?  Thanks all.
lipoma is usually removed with liposuction or surgery when it's causing pain and or is large.  

I don't think anyone really knows what causes them yet (if they do it's not talked about) but they tend to be hereditary and are more frequent in middle aged people.

usually people are able to tell if it's lipoma 'cause it's soft and doughy and moves under finger pressure, felt right under the skin... so I think if your doctor is assuming it's lipoma based on a scan only then it's a good idea to get it checked out more! when they're too deep to look and feel then one can never be sure what it is without doing more.

I don't have insurance either yet but I recently found a health community in my area that helps people with low income and no insurance - for complete blood work and all kinds of other blood tests it only costed me $5 and the exam was $25, so I recommend that you do some calling around in your area - call any doctor really, and ask if they know where to go in your situation.  

In the meantime it's probably best to try to get on some kind of insurance too.

and maybe you could try rubbing sweet marjoram oil where it hurts and see if that gives you any relief - I hope it does for you =(.  

take care.